Tips For Going To Court
Going to Court is a stressful time for any person.. unless you are a lawyer (well at least if you are a good lawyer!).
Partner Lisa Ruggero-Salerno has 30 years experience acting in family law and litigation cases and spends her time in and out of court rooms.
It is therefore no suprise that Lisa was able to give us these quick but handy tips for our clients when going to Court.
- It is important to remain calm, especially if you have employed good solicitors and lawyers like Vizzone Ruggero Twigg Lawyers!
- Make sure you have re-read your Affidavit or Statement before Court. Know your evidence backwards.
- You should also read and familiarise yourself with the other side’s Affidavits as well. Read them over so you a familiar about what they have said.
- Don’t try and guess what the other side are going to ask. Just answer the questions you are asked honestly.
- It is important that you answer the questions honestly. If you do not remember you should say that you do not remember. Not everyone can remember every instance in their lives. Don’t try and answer with what you think will be the best sounding answer.
- If you don’t understand the question ask for the question to be repeated or simply say: “I do not understand the question”. You cannot answer a question that you do not understand.
By following these simple tips and engaging in expert legal advice, you will give yourself every chance to win your case!
If you would like an appointment with Lisa Ruggero-Salerno please contact:
Sydney Office: Sandra on (02) 9264 6244
Mascot Office: Melissa on (02) 9667 1271